Teams of 5 Per Side
Indoor Soccer is the fastest and most popular indoor sport in Melbourne with competitions catering for beginners right through to experienced players in Men’s, Women’s and Mixed. Indoor Soccer is a modified version of Outdoor Soccer played on a fully carpeted and netted court. Therefore, most of the rules are the same except for some slight variations which make everyone become more involved in the game. Here are a few of the more common ones you should know.
Indoor Soccer Rules
- Teams consist of 5 players (must have a minimum of 3 players)
- In the case of mixed soccer there can be no more than 3 males on court.
- Games run for 2 x 16 minute halves with the result depending on which team has scored the most goals.
- The ball is always live except when a goal is scored and at half time.
- All players must wear sporting attire (i.e. Shorts, runners, tracksuit) & matching coloured T-shirts. No singlets, denim or sleeveless shirt.
- Any bad behavior, language or organization will not be tolerated and remember the referee’s decision is final.
- Match fees are $82.50 per team per game. Match fees must be paid in full regardless of the number of players.
- Competition registration fees and insurance are now included in your match fees.
How to get involved
Please download your nomination form below for entering your team, which can be either phoned, faxed, emailed or returned to the stadium with your team’s details and game preferences. If you decide to enter a team, some more detailed rules can be obtained.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9480 4562 and he will be happy to answer them.
We hope to see you on the court soon.