Teams of 4 or 6 Per Side
Beach Volleyball is fast becoming the most popular indoor sport in Melbourne with competitions catering for beginners right through to experienced players. Beach Volleyball is a modified version of Hard Court Volleyball, played on sand. Therefore, most of the rules are the same except for slight variations which allow everyone to become more involved in the game. You will adapt to these rules very quickly as you play the game.
Indoor Beach Volleyball Rules
- At Northcote Indoor Sports, competitions are run on most nights of the week, catering for men’s, women’s and mixed divisions.
- Teams can consist of 2, 4 or 6 players
- In the case of mixed, there can be no more than 3 males.
- Games run for 30 minutes (or 18 mins for 2 on 2) with the result depending on which team has won the most sets (first to 21 points) or (2 on 2 15 points) within the time allotted.
- All players must wear sporting attire (i.e. Shorts, tracksuit) & matching coloured T-shirts.
- Any bad behavior, language or organisation will not be tolerated and remember, the umpire’s decision is final.
- $17 per player for 2 on 2 (2 games)
- $12.00 per player for any games played with between 4 and 6 players.
- Please note, for games played with 4 to 6 players, that a minimum match fee is $48.00 & a maximum match fee is $72.00.
- Match fees must be paid in full before each game, regardless of the number of players participating.
- Match fees now include registration fees and insurance. All equipment and umpires are also provided.
How to get involved
Please download your nomination form below for entering your team, which can be either phoned, faxed, emailed or returned to the stadium with your team’s details and game preferences. If you decide to enter a team, some more detailed rules can be obtained.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9480 4562 and he will be happy to answer them.
We hope to see you on the sand soon.